Grant opportunities for NJ public school employees
If you have an idea and you're excited to get started, first check out what makes a project successful from the Foundation's Current and Past Grant Recipients. Each project contains contact information for the Grant Coordinator whose involvement with the project spanned inception to completion. These Coordinators walked the walk and want to help guide newcomers to successfully navigate the application process and provide guidance and support. Don't hesitate to reach out to them.
As you read through the project descriptions, it's obvious that New Jersey's public school employees are among the most creative and dedicated in the nation. Each day our classrooms are alive with new, exciting, creative, innovative projects.
The NJEA Frederick L. Hipp Foundation for Excellence in Education makes it possible for public school employees to receive grants that will help them bring creative ideas to life.
The only foundation of its kind in New Jersey, the Hipp Foundation supports initiatives to promote excellence in education. More than $1.6 million in grants for innovative educational projects that represent a bold, fresh approach by public school employees has already been awarded. Apply for a Hipp grant and bring your innovative ideas to life.
Classroom Close-up, NJ captures Hipp grant projects
Grant application process
- Applications will be accepted by mail with a postmark date no later than March 1 of each year.
- We encourage you to read the section on Tips for Applying before you complete the application.
- Please use the most current form of the Hipp Grant Application found here. The application may be revised on occasion, so it is important that you download and complete the most recent form.
Special instructions for continuation grant applicants
- A current grant recipient may apply for a continuation grant to fund their project for one additional year.
- An applicant requesting a continuation grant will need to provide feedback on the status of the current grant and the potential for continued success in an additional section of the grant application.
- The continuation grant applications are reviewed along with new applications.
- Funding is not guaranteed.
Contact us at email@example.com.