NJEA announces a vacancy for an associate director of accounting in the Business Division.
Directly responsible to the Business Director for activities related to accounting, auditing, debt services, day-to-day receipts and disbursements, purchasing and pension administration. Assists in devising and preparing NJEA financial records and transactions, budgets, reports and other data related to the fiscal management of NJEA.
- Assists with the internal audit of all financial transactions with emphasis on A/P, G/L, A/R and payroll and routinely reporting results of audits to management.
- Assists in the creation of comprehensive financial reporting to management and governance. Maintain and generate these reports on a regular basis.
- Assists in the automation of financial transactions and procedures performed throughout the organization.
- Assists with the maintenance of asset inventory records.
- Assists with the oversight of the automated accounting system which includes payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger and bank reconciliation’s as the system relates to NJEA and its affiliated or subsidiary entities.
- Assists with the oversight of the receipt, custody and deposit of funds and the coordination of dues receivable with the membership unit within the Business Division.
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of all required reports to the IRS, state agencies, insurance companies, banks, pension records and such other reports which must be derived from the accounting system from time to time.
- Responsible for assisting in maintaining the accounting records in a manner suitable for the auditing firm to perform quarterly and annual audits. Responsible for working with the auditor during the audit process as assigned.
- Provides information from the accounting system and assists in the development of the budget and periodic internal financial reports that provide information in special and unique circumstances.
- Assists with the analysis and development of recommendations to be implemented in the cash management and investment programs.
- Assists with the development of financial information having to do with personnel matters.
- Assists with the annual conventions and business activities related to workshops and conferences.
- Assists local and county associations with accounting related maters as assigned.
- Assists in the administration of agency fee, group 990 filings and aiding local and county affiliates in financial matters as assigned.
- Assists with the selection of vendors, assessment of vendor capabilities and performance, negotiation of price and delivery of goods and services.
- Assists with the review of bids to ensure adherence to procedures and policies.
- Exchanges purchasing information with employees, vendors and sales representatives.
- Assists with pension and other employee benefit administration as it relates to financial transactions and oversight.
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree and equivalent work experience in a related field with a minimum of ten (10) years formal education and direct work experience in the field of accounting, with an emphasis on financial reporting and general ledger analysis, will be considered.
Preference shall be given to candidates holding a current CPA Certificate with at least five (5) years of increasingly responsible and successful experience in the field of accountancy with at least two (2) years supervisory experience.
Demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform well in all phases of accounting and use of technology and computerization as they related to the operation of a 501(c)5 organization in a fund accounting environment are essential.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume vie email no later than July 22, 2016 to Tim McGuckin, Director of Business: email@example.com.
An application will be forwarded for completion based upon review of the submitted resume. Applications are due by August 5, 2016.
NJEA is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer