NJEA announces a vacancy for an associate director in the Government Relations Division.
- Encourage legislative action among state, county, and local association leaders and members through campaigns, workshops, and other venues as needed.
- Analyze legislation and regulations pertaining to education, public employment, and other matters of concern to NJEA.
- Assist with political action programs.
- Lobby and interact with policymakers at all levels of government.
- Ability to analyze legislation and regulations.
- Demonstrated competence in promoting legislation and political action.
- Aptitude for speaking and writing in a clear, concise manner.
A competitive salary and benefit package including excellent pension benefits, health insurance, and paid vacation are provided.
Interested candidates should submit an expression of interest along with a resume via e-mail no later than February 23, 2015 to:
Administrative Assistant to the Director
Government Relations Division
A detailed job description along with an application for completion will be forwarded based upon a review of the submitted resume. Completed applications must be returned no later than March 9, 2015.
NJEA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.