NJEA seeks a Communications Consultant
For the position described below, preference will be given to candidates working primarily in Bergen, Passaic, Hudson and Essex counties. Under the direction and supervision of the NJEA communications director, communications consultants assist NJEA Communications Division staff members as assigned in varied activities that may include:
Working closely with NJEA staff members from other divisions to provide field assistance.
- Assisting local associations with crisis communications.
- Helping local associations develop public relations plans.
- Providing communications training to members.
- Assisting local associations with website design and content.
- Utilizing electronic communications.
- Working with the media to promote a pro-public education agenda.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned.
Applicants must be active NJEA members and possess a bachelor’s degree. Availability for assignments outside of school hours seven days per week is a must. Applicants must have knowledge of and experience with professional public relations techniques; must have excellent writing and speaking skills; and must have experience with electronic communication.
Experience with association activities, particularly bargaining and school budget campaigns is necessary. Experience in journalism or working with reporters is desirable.
Interested members should request an application no later than August 30 by contacting:
609-599-4561, ext. 2310
NJEA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.