Associate Director – Senior System Administrator
NJEA announces a vacancy in the Information Systems office of its Business Division.
- Responsible for complete life-cycle support of NJEA servers, data communication, client computers and all other hardware, software and network resources necessary for the day-to-day operation of all NJEA divisions.
- Responsible for installation, upgrade, tuning, maintenance and replacement of all products installed on or attached to NJEA’s network, including cloud-based and subscription services.
- Overall responsibility as system / network administrator for NJEA’s computer hardware, software, help desk, servers, storage, firewall, switching, routing, data communication, wireless, and telephony products.
- Perform detailed product research, testing and obtain quotes for technology-related products and services. Maintain appropriate vendor relationships.
- Design, implement and perform a comprehensive data backup and recovery process to insure constant complete integrity of all NJEA data and systems. Work to perfect disaster recovery models including server and data offsite replication to co-location facility. Perform routine tests of these critical processes and report results.
- Responsible for server and desktop virtualization.
- Represent Information Systems department at meetings, demonstrations, training events, division meetings, meetings with affiliates, vendor meetings, and various other meetings.
- Work with data network and telephone carriers as necessary to support VOIP phone, voicemail, conference calling and video conferencing systems.
- Maintain and constantly upgrade appropriate skills, accreditation and certification.
- Assign tasks and provide guidance to Information Systems associate staff.
- Other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology is desired.
Microsoft Server Certification is desired.
Work experience in Information Systems with a minimum of six years direct work experience as an expert System / Network Administrator managing a complex, multi-server, multi-location Virtualized Microsoft Windows Enterprise Domain across complex wide-area network(s) is required.
Knowledge and Abilities
Ability to identify needs, draw conclusions, and apply all available tools and techniques to solve business challenges.
- Ability to design, deploy and administer current Microsoft Server technologies, including SharePoint, Exchange, SQL, IIS and Active Directory infrastructure.
- Thorough understanding of administering VMWare ESX Server and Storage Area Networks.
- Strong knowledge of desktop, tablet and mobile deployment strategies.
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with redundant hardware systems; complete backup and disaster recovery methods; fail-safe power supplies; firewall security systems; threat management systems.
- Ability to analyze costs and make purchase recommendations.
- Ability to give appropriate assignments, provide guidance and leadership to associate staff.
- Experience interacting with teams of developers, technical, and non-technical staff.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations and educational workshops to a wide range of audiences. Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical individuals.
- Strong team leadership abilities. Organize, schedule, prioritize and delegate assignments.
- Knowledge of enterprise licensing regulations and requirements.
Beginning salary for Associate Director – Senior Systems Administrator per the negotiated contract.
Liberal vacation, retirement, health insurance, life insurance, and other fringe benefits.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, email Bruce Ionno, manager of Information Systems, at email@example.com, with a copy to Ed Richardson, Human Resources manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, Feb. 15.