NJEA Health & Safety Publications:
- The NJEA Health and Safety Manual has an extensive section on organizing and developing a Health and Safety Committee (HSC), as well as instructions and checklists for walk-through inspections.
- Organizing for Better Indoor Air Quality is an in-depth resource covering ventilation, mold and moisture, housekeeping and green cleaning, and temperature and humidity.
Check out this index to find NJEA Reporter articles, such as:
- Forming a HSC: “Your best solution is a health and safety committee,” October 2012. There are a number of older articles on HSCs in the index under “Action and Winning.”
- Laboratories: “Clean out Chemicals in the Summer: Proper Chem Disposal is the Key,” June 2006 and “Manage lab chemicals safely,” May 2013.
- Ofﬁces: “Office equipment hazards,” November 2008.
- Indoor air quality and ventilation: “Indoor air quality walk-through. Learn to inspect your school or work-site,” June 2007 and “Can you open doors and windows?” April 2013.
- Lighting: “Old fluorescent fixtures pose risk,” June 2011.