Important tips for creating co-teaching climate and community
In order to best create a successful co-teaching dynamic, try these easy-to-implement tips:
- Clearly post the names of both teachers on the classroom door.
- Be sure there are two desks in the room.
- Both teachers should attend conferences and Intervention and Referral Services meetings.
- Each teacher should have a complete set of textbooks, manuals and curriculum requirements.
- Both teachers should have access to the online parent portal to access grades, attendance and emails.
- Report cards should include the names of both teachers for parent awareness.