The Association of Math Teachers of New Jersey (AMTNJ) fifth annual Special Education & Mathematics Conference, "Preparing for Common Core State Standards and Assessments: Update 2013" will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013 at St. Peter's College in Jersey City.
The conference will feature several outstanding speakers, including:
- Peggy McDonald, director, N.J. Department of Education (NJDOE) Office of Special Education
- Jeffrey Hauger, director, NJDOE Office of Assessments
- Michael Luke, STEM Office, NJDOE
- Tracy Amerman, co-chair of the N.J. State Special Education Advisory Council and a professor in the Department of Special Education, New Jersey City University
- Dinah Zike, author and educator
The new resource, Scaffolds for Learning, recently created by the NJDOE, will be presented. This K-12 work complements Common Core Student Learning Objectives in the New Jersey Model Curriculum with scaffolds as supports for students with learning disabilities.
for complete program and registration information.