High school teachers, guidance counselors, and administrators are invited to attend an Introduction to Engineering Workshop, July 30–Aug. 1, at Widener University in Chester, Pennsylvania. At this complimentary, interactive three-day event, educators will discover new projects, hands-on and virtual, to enhance your students’ skills. The program will also:
- Increase awareness of engineering as a career opportunity for your students.
- Understand the engineering curriculum and the profile of students who would be suited for an engineering education
- Learn innovative ways to apply technology to your teaching.
Lodging (modern dorm rooms with wireless internet access) and meals and breakfast and lunch will be provided.
- Robotics Lab
- Bottle Rockets Launch
- Bridge Design
- Best Practices
- Water Tower Competition
- Profile of Prospective Engineering Students
- Faculty Panel Discussion
- Student Panel Discussion
- Practicing Engineers Panel
- Guest Industry Speakers
- Lab Tours
Learn more and register online at http://www.widener.edu/academics/schools/engineering/outreachprograms/teachersworkshop.aspx. Only 45 places are available; no more than two participants can be from the same high school.