American Education Week - November 18-22 - presents a wonderful opportunity to celebrate public education and honor individuals who are making a difference in ensuring that every child receives a quality education. The week-long celebration features a special observance each day of the week.
This year's events include:
- Monday, Nov. 18: Kick-off day
- Tuesday, Nov. 19: Parents Day - Schools will invite parents into the classroom for a hands-on experience of what the day is like for their child.
- Wednesday, Nov. 20: Education Support Professionals Day - Individuals who provide invaluable services to schools are recognized for their outstanding work.
- Thursday, Nov. 21: Educator for a Day - Community leaders will be invited to serve as educators to get a glimpse at a day in the life of a school employee.
- Friday, Nov. 22: Substitute Educators Day - This day honors the educators who are called upon to replace regularly employed teachers.
NEA offers resources to help you make each day of this year’s celebration unique. At www.nea.org/aew you’ll find an online toolkit with a variety of activity ideas, resources, templates, an American Education Week poster, and downloadable materials to make planning for the week easier.