Frustrated with SGOs, SGPs, PARCC, and evaluation? Join us for a State Board of Education lobby day on Wednesday, March 5, where open topic testimony will be heard. This is our opportunity to testify on topics of concern to public education, especially evaluation and testing.
It is critical that board members hear from NJEA members about what’s happening in schools.
The meeting starts at 10 a.m. Public testimony begins at 2 p.m. Those members who do not wish to testify but still wish to attend the meeting are welcome as well. Those interested in attending might need to take a personal day, a professional day, or a union day.
- Go to http://education.state.nj.us/sboe/ starting on Feb. 14 to register. The deadline for registering is Feb. 28 at noon.
- When registering, register for open topic.
- If you are uncertain as to whether you will receive the day off, please register, as you can always cancel your spot.
- You will need to write your own testimony and bring six copies with you. We can provide you with some key points, but you will need to write the testimony yourself.
- Once you have registered, or if you are just attending the meeting, please contact Liz Rylak at firstname.lastname@example.org so we have an accurate count and can send you more information.
If you have any questions or need further information, please call NJEA Government Relations at 609-599-4561.