MLT Meet and Greet
- Saturday, April 22, 2017
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- NJEA Headquarters – Trenton
All interested NJEA members, both applicants and non- applicants, must attend the Meet and Greet. Please e-mail MLTcadre@njea.org to register by April 17, 2017.
The Minority Leadership Training Cadre, a statewide peer to-peer training program for ethnic-minority members, is a key component in the delivery of skills training to prospective Association leaders. The cadre provides skills training to members at state, county, and local NJEA training events, seminars, and conferences.
We are particularly seeking ethnic-minority members – American Indian/Alaska Native, Black, Hispanic, Asian and Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islanders – to serve on the cadre.
Cadre members serve a three-year term.
Cadre members are not paid for their services. They are, however, reimbursed for travel-related expenses. NJEA does not reimburse salary.
Instructions: Members desiring to become MLTC trainers should submit the following:
- A completed application form No additional information or documentation should be forwarded with the application, unless specified on the application form.
- Three references from individuals, excluding relatives, who have knowledge of the applicant’s qualifications as a trainer. One of the three references must be from an officer or staff member of the applicant’s state, county, or local association.
- Written statements of each applicant’s advocacy for his/her own cultural group and other groups, and the reasons for applying for the MLTC.
Email the application to NJEA so that they are received on or before Friday, May 5, 2017.
Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered. No exceptions will be made.
Email the application and supporting materials to: MLTcadre@njea.org
Eligibility & Selection Criteria: NJEA invites your application if you meet the following criteria:
- A proven track record in training adult learners
- Experience and/or knowledge of the Association
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences
- Ability to work as a team member
Applicants must have:
- Full active or retired NJEA membership
- Application submitted by deadline
- Favorable references
- Availability to deliver at least three to four trainings annually