Hurricane Sandy Help for Members

Moderators: JimBoice, MaryF., dianeb, Jennifer M.

Hurricane Sandy Help for Members

Postby NJEA_Admin » November 19th, 2012, 3:34 pm

This message board is a place for NJEA members to post their classroom or personal needs that are a result of Hurricane Sandy. We wanted to create a location for our members to interact with each other. Whether you are offering assistance or are in need of help, please post a comment and let folks know what you have to offer, or what you could use help with.
NJEA_Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hurricane Sandy Help for Members

Postby DebTurnball » November 27th, 2012, 8:06 am

The Nashua-Plainfield Elementary in Iowa would like to help an elementary school with supplies that are needed. If someone could contact me with a list of needs then we will gather donations and ship them out. You can contact me at dturnball@nashua-plainfield.k12.ia.us or 641-435-4114.

Deb Turnball
School Counselor
DebTurnball

Postby Mike_Mannion » January 23rd, 2013, 2:16 pm

The Central Regional Education Association -- which contains members living on or nearby the barrier islands -- is still in need of resources and assitance for our members. Even though it has been months since Hurricane Sandy surged through our community, many of our members are still waiting to begin rebuilding their lives. Here is a list of items that our members are still in need of:

-refridgerators
-washers
-dryers
-dishwashers
-desks (home office)
-beds (double or Queen)
-dressers
-end tables
-living space furniture
-kitchen appliances

I realize this may sound like a lot, but a number of our members were only able to salvage a few items from their houses. Some are still in a state of limbo concerning the fate of their house (so, add legal advice to that list as well). I know that any contributions would make a world of difference to our members, as well as expediate the healing process. Please contact me if you are able to provide any assitance or any of the items above: mmannion@centralregional.net

Thank you,

Mike Mannion
Mike_Mannion

Postby Mike_Mannion » January 23rd, 2013, 4:05 pm

I forgot to mention: gift cards! Gift cards in any amount would also help. We have members with as much as $300,000 in damages that they will have to pay out of their pocket as a result of insurance loopholes.

Again, any support is appreciated.

Mike Mannion
mmannion@centralregional.net
Mike_Mannion

Postby cstaab » February 5th, 2013, 9:25 am

I was given gently used sheets (not sure of sizes yet) and a comforter (king size, I think). All are clean. Does anybody have a need for these? Please email me at cstaab@ pinehill.k12.nj.us
cstaab

Postby cstaab » February 5th, 2013, 8:30 pm

I may be able to get a washer and dryer. They work. They are in a house one of our members is selling. I believe need to get them out for new buyers. I will look into that for you.
cstaab

Return to NJEA Hurricane Sandy Back to School Effort