Optical Academy is one of NJEA's member benefits partners. OA offers on-site eye exams and a full mobile optical shop. An exam runs $30; frames start at $29.
Optical Academy will come to your PRIDE events and offer this same competitive pricing to your parents and students. If you are interested in bringing them to one of your events, check out the contact information at the bottom of this post.
Dear Community Member,
At Optical Academy we provide a FULL service mobile optical vision team that will come to you if you can’t come to us. We provide COMPLETE on-site eye exams, on-site eyewear, on-site contact lens fitting, and an on-site lab to fabricate and dispense eyewear (some eyeglasses are special order). We believe we provide excellent eye care services at the lowest prices in the nation!
NJEA is sponsoring Optical Academy’s FULL Service Optical Shop and will be giving FULL access to NJEA pricing to community members.
Optical Academy provides the following services:
ON-SITE COMPLETE EYE EXAMS
COMPREHENSIVE EYE EXAMS
CONTACT LENS EXAMS
ON-SITE OPTICAL SHOP
ON-SITE LENS LAB
FABRICATION AND DISPENSING
(SOME EYEGLASSES ARE SPECIAL ORDER)
FRAME & SINGLE LENS $29
EYE EXAM $30
To schedule a full service optical shop in your local community the following requirements are essential to make a successful event:
1. We need 1 hour ADVANCE setup time and access to the location. This is the only way that we can be ready to begin seeing members on time.
2. There is a minimum of 50 pre-registered people. Members and their family members have 2 options in pre-registering:
a. They can fill out a patient registration form that we provide you via email and fax it back to us, or
b. Online at http://www.youropticalshop.com/t-registration.aspx.
3. An 8 hour block of time. In order to ensure all members are given the proper care, we need enough time to service everyone properly.
4. A large space. Please secure a large enough space preferably on the first floor or access to ramps, like the auditorium stage or cafeteria, for all of our equipment and inventory to be set up. In addition to equipment for the eye exams we also provide an on-site optical shop with frames and lab to process orders on-site. (Members love this.) We need 6-8 tables and 20 chairs.
5. Promote the event! We will provide you with a customized flyer to send out to all of your community members and hope that you will use a variety of communication channels to get the word out.
Please note that we cannot proceed without your agreement to fulfill the steps above. We have seen that success depends on them.
Contact us at 1-800-530-2730 ext. 2 or at Mark@Optical-Academy.com to let us know which option you would like to offer to your community members.