The National Writing Project (NWP) at Rutgers University’s English Language Learner Institute will host the three-day workshop, July 14-16, at Rutgers University. Teachers from all disciplines and grade levels who are interested in learning more about how to support ELLs in the classroom will address the following:
- What are ELL policies and how do they impact your classroom?
- What effective strategies support language acquisition and literacy development?
- What culturally responsive techniques can you use in your classroom?
- How can you provide meaningful assessment for ELLs?
- What resources are available to assist you?
Participants must attend all three days and will receive 15 professional development hours.
Date: July 14-16
Location: Rutgers University
Time: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Cost: $250 (A special offer to partner districts, Kittattiny Regional Schools, North Brunswick Public Schools and West Essex Regional Schools--one teacher attends free with first paid registration.)
Contact: Maggie Devine
Phone: 848-932-7496, ext. 20765
Online registration: no
Downloadable form: yes
Registration deadline: until full – limit 20