Under the supervision of the Manager of Information Systems, this position is to support and maintain in-house and remote computer systems, desktops, office automation equipment and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment, while ensuring optimal performance. This person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user training and assistance where required.
Duties include the following, as well as, others that may be assigned from time to time:
- Deliver, install, dismantle and/or relocate equipment in headquarters, regional offices, and local associations.
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, install and perform testing activities on various computer equipment, peripherals, data communications and computer network systems in all the above locations.
- Assemble, install, configure and test computer equipment or units of local area networks requiring use of standard protocols.
- Interface with outside vendors as needed to coordinate shipping, warranty work, etc.
- Instruct users in basic operation and maintenance of office technologies and equipment.
- Participate in the support network of office technologies, equipment and software, via the telephone, email and on-site.
- Assist other technicians or colleagues in repairing, installing and testing complex pieces of equipment or local area networks; submit equipment repair warranties.
- Maintain logs of equipment repair.
- Provide installation and support of office technologies and equipment transported to various temporary sites for training, workshops, conventions, etc.
- Assist in maintaining inventory for all office technologies and equipment.
- Order and maintain an inventory of supplies and parts needed for support of computer equipment, peripherals, data communications and computer network systems in all locations.
- Perform preventive maintenance for computer, data communication and/or peripheral equipment; tests and adjusts to appropriate standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience as computer technician or similar role.
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and IT components.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizing and time-management skills.
- Ability to understand complex technical information and communicate clear and concise instructions.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Work involves moderately heavy work in an office setting. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, sit, lift objects and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday.
High school diploma or equivalent certificate, in addition to technical training in a job related environment. Associate’s degree or technical diploma will be an advantage.
Experience supporting ShoreTel, Brocade, Cisco, Apple Hardware and VMware in an enterprise environment, distributed across multiple locations.
Relevant certifications (e.g. MCSA, CompTIA A+) will be an advantage.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume via email, no later than March 27, 2017, to John Cottone, Manager of Information Systems, below.