NJEA announces a vacancy for an Administrative Assistant – Headquarters and Regional Director in the Professional Development and Instructional Issues Division.
Under the direction of a management employee or his/her designee carries out assignments varied in nature, requiring expertise in all secretarial and clerical skills as well as a thorough knowledge of the regulations, policies, and procedures of the Association. This position requires frequent exercise of independent judgment and the ability to coordinate activities among a variety of individuals. The position is responsible for other related work as required.
- Assists supervisor with office detail and acts as her/his secretary.
- Performs all secretarial functions including dictation, typing, filing, mail distribution, etc.
- Organizes/distributes the work performed by associate staff members and gives instructions to individuals and groups.
- Prepares correspondence and other written materials which may not be reviewed by a supervisor.
- Receives and places phone calls, answers telephone inquiries, interviews callers, and schedules appointments.
- Coordinates and controls the ordering and storage of office supplies.
- Maintains all necessary records and files.
- Other related duties.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
Successful completion of a two-year college level program in secretarial science and two years experience working in a modern office environment or successful completion of high school and a minimum of four years experience working in a modern office environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of computerized business operations that include Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other related/named software packages.
- Thorough knowledge and command of approved English usage, correct spelling, and sentence structure using proper punctuation and grammar.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret regulations and policies and apply them to specific situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to receive and give assignments with instructions to individuals and groups of support staff.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and function independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to take * shorthand at 90 words per minute or to transcribe dictation which has been recorded.
The deadline to submit résumé and request application via email at email@example.com is 4 p.m. on October 25, 2019. Completed applications are due by 4 p.m. on November 13, 2019, to Michael Cohan, Director of Professional Development and Instructional Issues. Applicants must include the job title of the position for which they are applying the subject line.
An application will be forwarded for completion based upon review of the submitted résumé.
NJEA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.