NJEA offers a grant for Higher Ed members to attend a professional conference.
The following application criteria and selection process will be used:
- All NJEA higher education members in good standing may apply for the grant.
- Grant applicants must submit a brief letter including:
- which conference they would like to attend;
- the dates, location, and purpose of the conference;
- why they wish to attend the conference, the value to the member and the New Jersey Education Association, and why they should be selected to receive the grant;
- a preliminary budget of how the grant will be used; and
- a commitment to share information from the conference with colleagues both verbally and in writing at a forum or venue designated by the NJEA Higher Education Committee.
- Applications must be submitted to the NJEA Region 29-Higher Education UniServ office by the advertised deadline.
- Only one grant of at least $2,500 will be awarded annually, if approved in the NJEA budget.
- Prior recipients of the grant may not apply.
- The grant may only be used for registration and/or allowable travel expenses. Reimbursement will not be made for first class, business class, or other travel upgrades regardless of mode of travel. Flight insurance may be included. Automobile mileage reimbursement will be made at the IRS-allowable rate designated by NJEA.
- The recipient will be responsible for submitting receipts for all expenses in reconciling the grant and must return unused monies to NJEA.
- The travel expense voucher and receipts, any reimbursement of unused funds, and the written report must be submitted to the NJEA UniServ Central regional director within 30 days of conference attendance.
- Selection of the grant recipient will be made by a subcommittee consisting of the NJEA officer assigned as liaison to higher education, the NJEA Higher Education Committee chairperson, the UniServ Central regional director, and the UniServ field representatives for higher education.
- Grant availability shall be announced annually, when offered, through the appropriate NJEA publication and other media.
- $2,500 is the approved stipend amount.
- The grant recipient shall attend the NEA Higher Education Conference, March 16-18, 2018.
- Application deadline is October 16, 2017
Send application to:
NJEA UniServ Region 29-Higher Education
Golden Crest Corporate Center
2279 State Highway 33, Suite 508
Hamilton Square, NJ 08690-1750
or email reg29_Higher_Ed@njea.org