COVID-19 Considerations: NJEA has developed a detailed set of safety protocols in connection with the return to in-person employment, including that all new hires must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated or willing to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to the start of employment.
NJEA has a vacancy for a Temporary Associate Director of Research and Economic Services. This temporary position will be for a period of two years.
- Analyze school budgets, and audit reports on file with New Jersey Department of Education, the New Jersey state budget and the Commissioner’s Annual Report of Financial Statistics.
- Serve as fiscal consultant to UniServ staff and local associations in mediation, fact-finding, and arbitration cases.
- Analyze provisions in employee organization — school board negotiated agreements.
- Plan and supervise production of research bulletins and circulars in the area of contract provisions, negotiation procedures, and economic status of the teaching profession.
- Investigate local school district financial conditions.
- Analyze legislation related to areas of responsibility.
- Conduct of opinion polls and status studies.
- Conduct special projects from time to time as dictated by the needs of the Association.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
The successful candidate should possess a high degree of intelligence and imagination, should have a sound background in school finance, statistics and research methods; should have demonstrated ability to design, conduct and report research in education; should have the ability to write and translate research findings into clear, concise and meaningful concepts.
Candidate should be familiar with the operation of public schools especially in the area of personnel policies and finance. He/she should have an understanding of the goals and activities of professional education associations.
A master’s or doctor’s degree is highly desirable or, in lieu thereof, at least 6 years of varied experiences with this or similar organizations performing duties covered by this job description. After a period of on-the-job training, the associate director should be highly creative, adaptable and ready to determine and plan studies that meet the research needs of the Association.
Experience in working with other professional, technical and clerical staff is desirable; ability to do so effectively is essential.
The deadline to submit résumé and request application via email at email@example.com is Nov. 15, 2021. Completed applications are due by Nov. 29, 2021, to Denise Policastro, Director.
An application will be forwarded for completion based upon review of the submitted résumé.
NJEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All aspects of employment decisions including but not limited to the application process, the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge without regards to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sex, gender identity or expression, disability or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, or because of the liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or the nationality of any individual.