NJEA announces a vacancy for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst in the Information Systems Division.
COVID-19 Considerations: NJEA has developed a detailed set of safety protocols in connection with the return to in-person employment, including that all new hires must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated or willing to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated including up-to-date with booster prior to the start of employment.
Directly responsible to the Manager of Information Systems, the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst designs/recommends business solutions through the constant modification of the existing business intelligence solutions and data structures. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst additionally designs, implements, debugs, tests, documents, and supports server-based applications such as SQL consistent with established business requirements and specifications in order to deliver the highest possible value to the organization.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst oversees and conducts the conversion of data into insights that will lead to informed business decisions. This person works directly with stakeholders and the organization’s governance and management team within the assigned departments. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will have to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, prioritize work, and remain functional under pressure, and aggressive timelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst serves a primary role in advancing the data and analytic needs of NJEA and its affiliates. The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will fulfill analytic needs across the organization. The individual in this position should have experience in building capacity for utilizing data to make data-informed decisions and drive action. Including but not limited to, reports development, data integration, and scheduled data tasks.
This position is responsible for the following key roles.
- Develop predictive data models for assessing outcomes associated with business needs.
- Developing and leading projects that include a variety of advanced qualitative and quantitative analytic assignments related to supporting affiliates in pre-K through 12 and higher education.
- Collecting, analyzing, and reporting state, county, and local data.
- Providing relevant data-related reports to the management team and governance for decision-making, action planning, and continuous improvement.
- Providing technical assistance and building understanding among colleagues and partners about the effective use of data.
- Developing systems and tools for effective data management, visualization and interpretation (systems design, dashboards, information graphics, mapping, Tableau).
- Supporting implementation of continuous improvement processes.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will have a Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science, education, social sciences, or related fields required with five or more years of relevant work experience.
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Responsibilities:
- 5+ years of experience in coordinating data collection with external partners and internally manage datasets.
- Proficiently use reporting tool such as Crystal, SSRS, Tableau, BIRT, Pentaho
- Proficiently use statistical programming software such as STATA, Python, SPSS, R, SSRS (STATA preferred) to create statistical, regression, and econometric models.
- Manage and maintain a data warehouse using industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft database architectures including Microsoft SQL. and .NET Framework, along with a thorough understand of relational database design.
- Understand SQL structures such as stored procedures, views, triggers and indexes.
- Generate statistical models and advanced code for conducting outcome analyses.
- 5+ years of experience in creating, restructuring, and managing large datasets, files, and systems.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and use mixed-method approaches to data analysis.
- Write technical memos that document data processing decisions and summarize the quality of data.
- Analyze and synthesize research findings into key insights for stakeholders.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and enforcement of data infrastructure, security and system policies.
Desired Administrative Skills
- Coordinate with software developers in the implementation testing and deployment of BI solutions.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Project management and organizational skills
- Research, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to communicate results of complex analytic findings to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exhibit strong analytic, technical, trouble-shooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (especially Access, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Technical and data manipulation experience with Access, Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Excellent attention to detail and timelines
The deadline to send letter of interest and résumé via email at firstname.lastname@example.org is Friday, May 27, 2022. Completed applications are due by June 10, 2022. An application will be forwarded for completion based upon review of the submitted résumé.
NJEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All aspects of employment decisions including but not limited to the application process, the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge without regards to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sex, gender identity or expression, disability or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, or because of the liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or the nationality of any individual.