NJEA announces a vacancy for an Associate Director – Software Application Developer in the Business Division (Information Systems).
Responsible to the Manager of Information Systems & Membership and Business Division Director for activities related to application development, project planning and maintenance of new and existing software. Complete life-cycle support of an extensive inventory of enterprise- class, web-enabled Microsoft .NET software and SQL database systems. Provide support and coordination to teams assigned to perform various data entry, information extraction, and data analysis functions. Provide help desk support in area(s) of expertise.
- Plan, design, code, test, debug and document new and existing software applications.
- Participate in the definition of application requirements and application design.
- Develop, review and modify project plans and statements of work.
- Devise and enhance procedures to solve problems and prepare detailed specifications.
- Assist with project estimating, planning, resource scheduling, testing and deployment.
- Report and present project status and activity reports.
- Coordinate activities of staff, consultants, users and other team members.
- Create documentation, training materials and conduct training sessions.
- Provide coordination, support, expertise and training to staff, consultants and school district personnel – ensure adherence to NJEA policies and procedures.
- Research and recommend new technologies and tools.
- Participate in and assist with budgeting.
- Provide support to staff, affiliates and consultants and school district personnel.
- Provide expertise and assistance supporting other responsibilities of the Business Division.
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Training & Experience
- Possess a minimum of five years’ experience developing, coding and supporting multi-tiered, enterprise-class software applications using Microsoft .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, and related packages / technologies.]
- Experience as a supervisor / team leader / coordinator of a data processing, accounting, or related department strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience supporting enterprise-class, desktop, web, and mobile based software applications in a Microsoft .NET environment.
- Expert knowledge of Visual Studio.NET; C#, VB.NET; ASP.NET; MVC, LINQ, Web Services, REST API,NET Framework and Crystal reports.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Admin functions; writing stored procedures and functions; database backup / recovery/ restore; job scheduling, server performance optimization and tuning. In addition a thorough understanding of relational database designs.
- Experience with CSLA.NET is a plus.
- Experience with multimedia and web technologies related to content presentation, content management and collaboration.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or a related field of study is preferred.
- Current Microsoft Developer certification for Microsoft .NET preferred.
- Knowledge of WordPress web content management is a plus.
- Preference shall be given to candidates with a background in public education and/or labor unions.
Knowledge & Abilities
NJEA is searching for a senior application developer with experience designing building and supporting desktop, web and mobile-based applications in a Microsoft .NET environment. The candidate must have expert skills in the full development life cycle, and have demonstrated ability to work well both independently as well as in a development team environment. Candidates must have expert troubleshooting, debugging, and problem solving skills. Applicants must possess expert logic and reasoning, database design and analytical skills. Successful candidates shall be required to remain current with and continually upgrade their software application developer skills and credentials. A solid work ethic, ability to multi-task, strong interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, customer service skills and a positive, helpful attitude are all keys to success. Ability to advocate for, support and motivate a team of colleagues is critical to success.
The deadline to submit résumé and request application via email at firstname.lastname@example.org is July 26, 2019. Completed applications are due by August 9, 2019, to John Cottone, Manager of Information Systems.
An application will be forwarded for completion based upon review of the submitted résumé.
NJEA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer