- This event has passed.
Preventing Suicide in Adolescents and Young Adults
November 3, 2017
Jewish Family Services of MetroWest New Jersey is sponsoring the workshop Preventing Suicide in Adolescents and Young Adults on Nov. 3 in West Orange.
Middle and high school counselors and teachers are invited to attend this workshop and learn how to:
- Engage families when working with depressed and/or suicidal adolescents.
- Recognize barriers to engaging families in treatment, including adolescent resistance and methods to work through this resistance.
- Identify and assess risk for suicide.
- Distinguish between risk factors and warning signs.
- Review the current models for conducting safety planning with suicidal youth.
Dr. Suzanne Levy, the director of training for the Attachment-Based Family Therapy (ABFT) program at Drexel University’s College of Nursing and Health Professions, will lead the workshop.
The cost is $35 and provides three hours of professional development credit. You will find information and the link to register at www.jfsmetrowest.org. For additional information, contact Sara Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-637-1752.