April 6, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
In these changing times, we must come together to enhance our professional learning, support one another on our professional journey and expand our educational community.
Join us for this powerful new conference.
Dr. Pedro Noguera, Faculty Director for the Center for the Transformation of Schools at UCLA
Select two topics to explore in a daylong, interactive professional learning experience.
- Creating Equity in the Early Childhood Classroom through Hands-on Learning
- Teacher Leadership as a Tool for Advocacy, Equity, Justice, and Learning
- Paraprofessionals: Best Practices for Achieving Equity in the Classroom
- Power of Identity in the Classroom: Learning from Student Experiences
- Power of Reflection in Practice: New Teachers Rethinking Schools
- Think Global, Act Local: Supporting Immigrant Youth and Families
- Disrupting Misconceptions: Unleashing a Larger Truth
- T.E.A.C.H. English Learners: What Should I Know?
- Restorative Justice Practices in Our Schools
- What Works Best in Teaching and Learning?
- Student Voice as a Force for Equity
- Teaching for Black Lives
The conference provides five hours of professional learning credit. Participants must attend the entire session to receive a certificate.
For more information, or if you have special physical, communication, dietary, or disability-related need that may require assistance or accommodations to permit or facilitate your attendance/participation in the conference, please contact Cindy Vannauker at 609-310-4263 ext. 2263.
Only registered participants may attend. Register above.
(Register by Feb. 15)
$39 for NJEA members
(Register by March 29)
$49 for NJEA members
$29 for NJEA Preservice
Nonmember registration is $150