NJEA announces a vacancy for an Executive Assistant/Office Manager in the Executive Office.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, carries out assignments of a varied nature to fulfill the mission of the executive office, the executive director and the officers. These assignments require expertise in office management, organizational policy and high level support services to the executive office.
1. Assist the executive director with the operation of the executive office, providing direct management of confidential and associate staff with office procedures, distribution of work, evaluation and general oversight.
2. Deal with information of a highly sensitive and confidential nature.
3. Ensure that all confidential, secretarial and support functions are provided to the officers, executive director and other professional staff in the executive office.
4. Prepare written correspondence at the direction of the executive director that may or may not be reviewed.
5. Maintain records of the Delegate Assembly, Executive Committee, Property and Personnel and other committees as assigned.
6. Provide for general support of the executive director, including travel, scheduling, reservations and other assignments as necessary.
7. Organize and coordinate planning and agendas of Executive Committee, Property & Personnel, Delegate Assembly, Professional Staff Meetings, Directors meetings and other meetings as scheduled by the executive director.
8. Maintain control over ongoing assignments made by the executive director to the directors and/or special assignments of an ongoing nature that are under the direction of the executive office.
9. Maintain a schedule of important, ongoing programs and events and inform executive director to institute said program in a timely fashion.
10. Coordinate information concerning staff and leadership illness, deaths and other personal events and respond appropriately.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of six years experience as an office administrative assistant and/or office manager.
2. Intimate knowledge of modern computer operations and functions.
3. Minimum of two years college program or equivalent experience.
1. Thorough knowledge and demonstrated proficiency of approved English usage, correct spelling, sentence structure and proper punctuation and grammar.
2. Demonstrated ability to organize, compile and write reports, letters and other correspondence with a minimum of direction.
3. Ability to evaluate and manage confidential and associate staff.
4. Ability to receive and give assignments to others and to organize work of others.
5. Ability to comprehend, interpret and articulate regulations, policy and procedures of the NJEA.
6. Ability to take shorthand and to transcribe dictation which has been recorded.
7. Ability to exercise mature and independent judgment and function independently to accomplish goals of the Executive Office.
The deadline to submit letter of interest and résumé via email at firstname.lastname@example.org is Nov. 12, 2019. Applicants must include the job title of the position for which they are applying the subject line.
An application will be forwarded for completion based upon review of the submitted résumé.
NJEA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Send this to a friend