NJEA Member Benefits offers a wide variety of endorsed programs and special discounts for over 200,000 NJEA members. The NJEA Member Discount program offers retailers the opportunity to promote products and services by providing special discounts and savings to individuals who show their current NJEA membership card.
Retailers offering NJEA member discounts will be listed in the NJEA member discount program and on the NJEA website.
Your company or organization can be part of this program by completing and returning this application to NJEA at the following address. Incomplete applications will be returned.
1) Merchants must complete the official “Application for Retail Listing in NJEA Member Discount Program” to be considered for this program. The application must contain the following:
- Clear identification of a discount that is superior to what is offered to the general public,
- Clear description of the process that the member must use to receive the discount,
- Name and contact information of the merchant’s representative who will interact with NJEA and make certain that any changes in the program are promptly communicated, and
- Phone number for member inquiries about the program.
2) Merchants selling products or services that compete with NJEA-sponsored programs are not eligible for the Member Discount Program. This includes auto and homeowners insurance, disability and long-term care insurance, life insurance, some financial services, travel agencies and car rental discounts.
3) The discount must be available to all categories of NJEA members.
4) Merchants listed in the Member Discount Program must not state or imply an NJEA sponsorship or endorsement of their product or service. Any mention of NJEA and/or Member Discount Program in advertising media must have prior written permission from NJEA and include the Member Discount Program disclaimer*.
5) Merchants may require members to show their NJEA/NEA membership cards to receive the discount.
6) Merchants who discontinue the discount during the effective period may be prohibited from participating in the program in future years.
7) Merchants are encouraged to provide a landing page on their website that is specific to the NJEA discount. Members would be able to link from the NJEA “members only” site directly to the merchant’s landing page. The landing page must only promote products and services covered by the Member Discount Program.
8) Merchants are encouraged to become listed in the Access discount program.
9) Merchants seeking to advertise in the NJEA Review are subject to the standard editorial guidelines and fees.
10) NJEA reserves the right to refuse and/or terminate a merchant’s listing in the Member Discount Program at any time based on a change in the merchant’s offer, a change in NJEA’s perception of the merchant’s offer, inaccurate information provided on the merchant’s application, failure of a merchant to follow the guidelines, or discovery of complaints or other information that is deemed detrimental by NJEA.
*Products and services listed in the NJEA Member Discount Program are provided as a service to NJEA members and do not constitute an endorsement by NJEA or a representation regarding the products’ quality or characteristics. NJEA makes no warranties expressed or implied, including the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose regarding any products or services listed in the NJEA Member Discount Program.