When you become a member of the New Jersey Student Education Association, you get:
- Free Admission to the NJEA Convention in Atlantic City (a $75 value).
- Training and advice for student-teachers and new teachers—to help you survive that first year of teaching.
- Invitation to a Student-Teacher Seminar for Education majors– workshops and free samples of teaching supplies (Normally $50 for non-members, registration is only $15 for SNJEA members, to help cover meals and materials)
- Free Liability Insurance protects you in the classroom while you’re doing your student teaching (Some limitations and conditions apply.)
- Free subscription to a professional journal for student teachers.
- You’ll qualify for the same shopping and service discounts enjoyed by working teachers.
- Free access to NJEA’s library of Collective Bargaining Agreements so you can review a school district’s “employment contract” before you go on a job interview (PDF versions of these contracts are available after signing in to njea.org as a student member).
- Membership helps pay for political action in Trenton and Washington D.C. to fight for better working conditions and benefits for teachers.
- Joining NJEA also makes you a member of the National Education Association (NEA).
$20 of your $32 membership cost is refunded to you by the NEA when you begin to work as a teacher. Your cost to be a member is really only $12 per year. (NEA will refund $20 per year up to a total of $80. Refund application is supplied automatically when you join. Some limitations apply.)
Here are more important benefits of membership in Student NJEA:
- Your own Leadership Conference: The annual NJSEA Conference is planned and designed especially to assist students in developing their leadership qualities and skills.
- Political Involvement: NJSEA works for the betterment and the protection of the teaching profession.
- Student NJEA-NEA on your resume: NJSEA on your resume shows your concern about the teaching profession, even before you become a teacher.
- NJEA and NEA special services programs for student members
Sign in to NJEA Members Benefits to learn more.
- Accidental Death Insurance Life Insurance
- Homeowners Insurance
- Auto Insurance
- Educational Liability Insurance
- Magazine Service
- Contact Lens Discounts
- The Buyer’s Edge
As an NJEA student member, you enjoy the benefits of NEA Student Membership, and you have access to NEA’s vast resources. You’ll receive the annual Tomorrow’s Teachers magazine and the monthly NEA Today magazine to help you follow education trends.
On the NEA web site, you can access resources and links to other NEA student chapters.
Insurance & Benefits
The NEA Student Program provides insurance protection every time you step into a classroom. The NEA Educators Employment Liability Program offers you million-dollar insurance coverage. And through NEA Member Benefits you have access to consumer guides, discounts on car rentals, magazines, and more. For more, go to www.neamb.com.
If a former student member joins as an active (teacher or ESP) member, they qualify for a rebate from NEA for $20 for each year of student membership, up to four years. If the former student joins as a substitute member, they DO NOT qualify for the rebate.
- Download rebate form