The Delegate Assembly, on Jan. 11, 2014, amended the NJEA Bylaws resulting in a change to the election calendar. Under the NJEA Constitution and Bylaws, the Rules for NJEA Elections, and the established rules and procedures of the NJEA Elections Committee, the following are the tentative deadlines and other dates relating to NJEA county and unit elections.
Jan. 15, 2019
• Official membership count
• Deadline for notifying NJEA of a change in unit of representation.
• Petitions for governance positions available (Exec./DA/DAA)
Jan. 22, 2019 (Jan. 24, 2019 – Inclement weather back-up date)
• Election Committee Mandatory Meeting
Feb. 1, 2019 to Feb. 28, 2019 (As established by NEA)
• Feb. 1: NJEA RA online self-nomination begins: 12:01 a.m. 2/1/19 – closes: 11:59 p.m 2/28/19
Feb. 25, 2019
• Deadline for county and unit nominating committees to convene.
Feb. 28, 2019
• Deadline for county and unit nomination registration for NJEA Executive Committee, Delegate Assembly, and Delegate Assembly Alternate with election vendor (Intelliscan) by county or unit designee.
• Deadline for receipt of on-line self-nomination forms for state delegates to the NEA Representative Assembly (11:59 p.m.)
Feb 28, 2019
• Petition deadline for nominations of county and unit elections, NJEA Governance positions, and constitutional amendments (5 p.m.)
• Deadline to make new nominations, in the event of a vacancy.
• Deadline for candidates to withdraw their names from nomination (must notify NJEA Headquarters by 5 p.m.)
• Deadline to register to vote online and not receive a mail ballot
March 5, 2019
• NEA Representative Assembly: Election vendor (Intelliscan) conducts random drawings for ballot positions for statewide units, drawings for state NEA RA ballot positions.
• Deadline for candidates to verify correct spelling and format of names and school districts for ballots.
April 1 to April 15, 2019
• Ballots due by noon April 15, 2019 at the address supplied with the ballots.
April 30, 2019
• Election Committee mandatory meeting to validate election results
• Election Dispute Hearings on challenge of actions related to the elections not processed.
May 1, 2019
• 2019-20 election cycle begins
All dates subject to change.