NJEA’s 125-member political action operating committee (NJEA PAC) voted to recommend to the National Education Association’s (NEA) Fund for Children and Public Education the U.S. Senate and House of Representative candidates listed below. Several were endorsed in August 2018 and others at an earlier meeting in May.
• U.S. Senate: Bob Menendez (D)
• CD 1: Donald Norcross (D)
• CD 2: Jeff Van Drew (D)
• CD 3: Andy Kim (D)
• CD 4: *Your choice of Chris Smith (R) or Josh Welle (D)
• CD 5: Joshua S. Gottheimer (D)
• CD 6: Frank Pallone Jr. (D)
• CD 7: *Your choice of Leonard Lance (R) or Tom Malinowski (D)
• CD 8: Albio Sires (D)
• CD 9: William Pascrell (D)
• CD 10: Donald Payne Jr. (D)
• CD 11: Mikie Sherrill (D)
• CD 12: Bonnie Watson Coleman (D)
*In Congressional Districts 4 and 7, both major party candidates are listed. “Your choice” indicates that each of the candidates listed meet NJEA’s standards for endorsement.
The October 2018 edition of the NJEA Review provided a feature article on Sen. Bob Menendez and photos and statements from candidates for the House.
Since the last legislative election in New Jersey, several vacancies in the Legislature have been filled by appointment. Voters will elect candidates for these positions on Nov. 6.
• LD 15: Verlina Reynolds (D) for Assembly
• LD 15: Anthony Varrelli (D) for Assembly
• LD 32: Pedro Mejia (D) for Assembly
• LD 34: Britnee Timberlake (D) for Assembly
• LD 36: Clinton Calabrese (D) for Assembly
• LD 38: Joseph A. Lagana (D) for Senate
• LD 38: Lisa Swain (D) for Assembly
• LD 38: P. Christopher Tulley for Assembly
Send this to a friend