NJEA announces the following part-time consultant vacancies:
- Region 13 (Hunterdon, Somerset, and Warren counties) & Region 27 (Passaic County)
COVID-19 Considerations: NJEA has developed a detailed set of safety protocols in connection with the return to in-person employment, including that all new hires must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated or willing to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated including up-to-date with booster prior to the start of employment.
Under the direction and supervision of the NJEA Executive Director (or designee), consultants shall assist UniServ staff members as assigned in any of the following service areas:
- Securing and retaining local association recognition.
- Helping local associations to develop proposals and negotiate contracts.
- Helping local associations to administer contracts and process grievances.
- Providing consultation and assistance to local/county association leaders with respect to training activities.
- Providing training experiences as assigned.
- Helping local/county associations to handle organizational management responsibilities.
- Performing such other duties as may be assigned.
Currently employed in a public school/college.
- Professional or ESP unified member.
- Availability for assignment outside school hours seven days a week.
- Experience in organizing and administering association activities and knowledge of the structure of the organization at all levels.
- Personal experience and/or background in association activities which demonstrate a high degree of intelligence, integrity, imagination, and leadership ability.
- Experience in initiating, planning, and executing activities in association work with a minimum of guidance.
- General knowledge of the statutes, regulations, and case law governing the civil, employment, and professional rights of New Jersey public school employees.
- Demonstrated ability to write and speak effectively.
General knowledge of and experience with communications and public relations techniques.
- Ability to analyze and utilize research data.
- Ability to work long hours and under great pressure.
- Ability to work cooperatively with NJEA staff members and association leaders at all levels.
- Knowledge of and commitment to NJEA’s objectives, philosophy, issues, and positions.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating written comprehensive agreements.
- Knowledge of and experience in mediation, fact-finding, and grievance and arbitration procedures.
- Knowledge of general labor relations concepts, such as negotiation unit definition, unfair labor practices, scope of bargaining, and crisis management.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people and organize the unorganized.
- Ability to use verbal skills necessary to conduct training.
- Flexibility to adjust to the individual characteristics of each training event.
Active or active supportive members of NJEA currently employed in public schools or colleges who may be interested in these positions should send a letter of interest and résumé to the following UniServ Regional Director by March 31, 2022. Email requests are preferred.
Mayrose Wegmann, UniServ Regional Director – Northwest
NJEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All aspects of employment decisions, including but not limited to the application process, the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge without regards to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sex, gender identity or expression, disability or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, or because of the liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or the nationality of any individual.