NJEA announces a vacancy for a secretary in the Region 3 UniServ office (Camden County).
Under the supervision of the regional office administrative assistant and/or a UniServ field representative shall perform clerical work and assist in the orderly and efficient operation of the UniServ regional office general office functions; performs related work as required.
- Assist in the orderly and efficient operation of the UniServ regional office.
- Assist with office telephone coverage and other communication with members and visitors.
- Use modern office equipment (e.g. computer, fax, etc.) to prepare correspondence, reports, fliers, and other materials.
- Assist with outgoing correspondence, memos and weekly/monthly reports, briefs, mass mailings.
- Maintain files.
- Open, date, and sort incoming mail.
- Assist with arrangements and prepare materials for meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Assist with preparation of local association proposals, contracts, or salary rationales.
- Assist with updating local leader address/telephone information.
- Assist with scheduling use of UniServ office, including individual pension consultations, meetings, etc.
- Expedite NJEA/NEA materials as requests are received from local associations.
- Assist with consultants’ records, reports, etc.
- Perform such other tasks as may be required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of computers, modern office methods, practices, routines, machines/computers, and equipment.
- Ability to accurately take and transcribe *dictation at 60 words per minute and to transcribe the notes.
- Ability to type from varied types of copies accurately and neatly.
- Ability to use correct grammar, punctuation, and to spell correctly.
*Shorthand requirement has been waived.
Qualification, Training and Experience
This position is at the entrance level.
The deadline to submit résumé and request application via email at email@example.com is October 23, 2019. Completed applications are due by November 6, 2019, to Patrick Manahan, Regional Director South. Applicants must include the job title of the position for which they are applying the subject line.
An application will be forwarded for completion based upon review of the submitted résumé.
NJEA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.