NJEA announces a vacancy for a secretary in the Region 8 UniServ office (Trenton).
Under the supervision of the regional office administrative assistant and/or a UniServ field representative shall perform clerical work and assist in the orderly and efficient operation of the UniServ regional office general office functions; performs related work as required.
- Assist in the orderly and efficient operation of the UniServ regional office.
- Assist with office telephone coverage and other communication with members and visitors.
- Use modern office equipment (e.g. computer, fax, etc.) to prepare correspondence, reports, fliers, and other materials.
- Assist with outgoing correspondence, memos and weekly/monthly reports, briefs, mass mailings.
- Maintain files.
- Open, date, and sort incoming mail.
- Assist with arrangements and prepare materials for meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Assist with preparation of local association proposals, contracts, or salary rationales.
- Assist with updating local leader address/telephone information.
- Assist with scheduling use of UniServ office, including individual pension consultations, meetings, etc.
- Expedite NJEA/NEA materials as requests are received from local associations.
- Assist with consultants’ records, reports, etc.
- Perform such other tasks as may be required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of computers, modern office methods, practices, routines, machines/computers, and equipment.
- Ability to accurately take and transcribe *dictation at 60 words per minute and to transcribe the notes.
- Ability to type from varied types of copies accurately and neatly.
- Ability to use correct grammar, punctuation, and to spell correctly.
*Shorthand requirement has been waived.
Qualification, Training and Experience
This position is at the entrance level.
The deadline to submit résumé and request application via email at firstname.lastname@example.org is Jan. 29, 2020. Completed applications are due by
Feb. 12, 2020, to James Loper, Regional Director – Central.
An application will be forwarded for completion based upon review of the submitted résumé.
NJEA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.