NJEA announces a vacancy for part-time office assistant in the Region 20 Jersey City office.
Under the direction of a professional staff member and/or administrative assistant, performs various typing assignments and other clerical work. Requires a considerable knowledge of regulations, policies, and procedures of the Association, and does related work as required.
- Types various statements and reports.
- Types routine correspondence.
- Answers inquiries for information.
- Assists in arrangements for meetings and workshops.
- Assists with opening, dating, and sorting mail.
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendar.
- Assists with telephone coverage.
- Assists with updating local leader address/telephone information.
- Assists in the preparation of kits and materials for meetings.
- Operates various types of office machines.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
Graduation from high school or vocational high school or the possession of an approved high school equivalency certificate.
General office work experience involving typing and computer usage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to type from varied kinds of copy accurately and neatly.
Ability to use correct English and to spell correctly.
Knowledge of modern office methods, practices, routines, machines, and equipment—use, care, and minor adjustment.
Knowledge of the problems encountered in organizing clerical work.
As per negotiated agreement.
The deadline to submit résumé and request application via email at email@example.com is January 28, 2020. Completed applications are due by February 11, 2020, to Thomas Hardy, Regional Director Northeast.
An application will be forwarded for completion based upon review of the submitted résumé.
NJEA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.