NJEA is seeking retired or active members to provide additional pension and insurance counseling services to members on a part-time basis.
The person performing the duties of part-time pension consultant will be responsible for counseling members planning for retirement in the NJEA UniServ offices under the supervision of the director of Research and/or designee(s).
The part-time pension consultant will be required to discuss all aspects of retirement including calculating and/or explaining to members their retirement allowance, survivor options, life insurance, health insurance, state and federal income liability, cost-of-living adjustment, and procedure for filing for retirement. He/she will also be responsible for promoting continuation of membership through NJEA/NJREA.
The part-time pension consultant must be:
- a retired member of NJREA or an active member of NJEA who can be available as indicated below;
- capable of performing required mathematical calculations;
- experienced in working with people;
- able to comprehend and explain complicated pension and health insurance rules and regulations;
- comfortable assisting members with complex decisions;
- available between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Interested members should forward a letter of interest and resume to Liz Rylak, Administrative Assistant, Research and Economic Services Division, by Thursday, Jan. 22, 2020.
An application will be forwarded for completion based upon review of the submitted résumé.
NJEA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.