May 1 on a virtual platform
Learn ways to keep your members informed and ready for action by attending the virtual NJEA Communications Tools Workshop on Saturday, May 1 at 9 a.m.
The NJEA Communications Tools Workshop is the perfect place for local and county association editors, social media teams and public relations committee members to strengthen their message development and delivery skills.
The day begins with a brief opening program followed by two hour-long workshop sessions.
The schedule and workshop choices will be:
9-9:20 a.m. – Opening session
9:25-10:25 a.m. – Session One
- NJEASites User Roundtable – NJEASites users will discuss features of the platform, share feedback and hear about digital tools available with the latest WordPress theme. This workshop is for local and county associations already using NJEASites.
- Newsletters – Acquire tips and tricks to a produce top-notch publication and get your members to read what you write.
- Social Media for Local Associations – Learn how to set up and manage Facebook and/or Instagram pages for your local association.
10:40-11:40 a.m. – Session Two
- NJEASites Digital Tools: Sendy Creator – Learn how to use Sendy Creator to email your members. Note: To use Sendy, you need an NJEASites website in the latest Ocean theme, and an email address at your website’s domain. This workshop is for associations already using NJEASites.
- Smartphone Photography 101 – Learn the key principles of taking compelling, sharable photos on your phone.
- Let’s Give Them Something to Talk About – Learn how to tell a compelling story using video. We will guide you on how to compose a great shot and conduct a powerful interview that you can edit and share. Bring your cellphone, computer and any camera equipment you plan to use.
Register at njea.org/commtools. The deadline to register is April 26.