Get the gift of extra savings this holiday season! From Dec. 1 through Dec. 12, NJEA members will receive one Access email each day highlighting a special deal. Be on the lookout for deep discounts from your favorite brands and be entered to win cool prizes, including Universal Studios tickets! Visit memberbenefits.njea.org, click on ACCESS DISCOUNTS link and go to the “My Account” tab to ensure that your email address is up to date. You won’t want to miss out on these savings!
While you are on the ACCESS DISCOUNTS site, make sure that you sign up for the My Deals app on your smartphone. You will find discounts no matter where you go in the USA.
How would you like to become an authority on how members can utilize Member Benefits to stretch their dollars every day? This is a non-threatening role. If you are interested in saving money and helping your peers do the same, you can have a conversation with your local president about being appointed as a Member Benefits Coordinator.
Duties of a Member Benefits Coordinator
1. Share your personal email address with the Member Benefits Committee member from your county.
2. When you receive emails from your county Member Benefits Committee member, simply decide what information you think should be shared and how to share it among the members in your local. You are the judge of what information may be beneficial to all or a subset of your members.
3. You will become an authority on member benefits, helping to inform your peers on opportunities to save money.
Consider using Member Benefits in your quest to stretch holiday spending dollars. Here are some sources that can be found at memeberbenefits.njea.org:
• Buyer’s Edge, Inc offers significant discounts on cars, appliances, furniture, jewelry, luggage, exercise equipment, and more.
• Plum Benefits offers discounts on event tickets.
• The travel page has links to discounted hotels, car rentals, and airport parking.