Jim George Collective Bargaining Summit
October 30 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
The annual Jim George Collective Bargaining Summit is an opportunity for local associations to come together for training opportunities that benefit members at the bargaining table.
The NJEA Jim George Collective Bargaining Award is presented at the conference and all nominated associations are recognized as well. To nominate a local association, visit njea.org/cbaward. The deadline for nominations is Sept. 10.
9-10:30 a.m. Opening Session, Keynote Speaker, Presentation of Award
10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Session 1
12:45 to 2:15 p.m. Session 2
2:30 to 3 p.m. Q&A on Regionalization and Consolidation (Regionalization Bill) This section is optional.
- Bargaining Strategies (Intermediate)
- Bargaining around PD
- Political Organizing for Collective Bargaining
- Bargaining Compensation & Benefits for ESP
- Bargaining Non-Compensational Issues for ESP
- Pay (Intermediate)
- Basic Salary Guide Construction
- Introduction to Bargaining
- Current Issues in Bargaining Health Benefits (Intermediate)
- Bargaining Around Health and Safety
- Connecting the Dots: Membership & Bargaining