F.A.S.T. Program Activities
- Partnerships, discussions, and programs focusing on family involvement.
- Support for legislation that would allow parents to take time away from work, without loss of pay, to address children’s needs at school.
- Family involvement workshops through which parents and caregivers learn more about helping children succeed in school. These events include activities for children so that families can attend them together.
- Visits by school employees to participating places of worship and other community meeting places to invite and encourage parents and caregivers to participate in teacher conferences and school activities.
- FAST is a jointly sponsored effort of the New Jersey Education Association, its local affiliates, the Statewide Parents Advocacy Network, and Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc, with additional program support from the NAACP Statewide Education Committee.
To find out how your district can participate, contact Mike Rollins at (609) 599-4561 ext. 2368 or email him below.