The NJEA Frederick L. Hipp Foundation has partnered with Planet Green Recycle to recycle ink cartridges, reducing waste in landfills and raising funds for a worthy cause.
Did you know that more than 375 million empty ink and toner cartridges are thrown out every year, with most ending up in landfills? It can take up to 1,000 years for these cartridges to decompose.
By recycling your ink cartridges through Planet Green Recycle, you’ll help reduce this colossal amount of waste.
By using the Hipp Foundation’s unique program code, 31808, you’ll help to support our efforts to fund innovative educational projects. The only foundation of its kind in New Jersey, the Hipp Foundation has disbursed more than $2.3 million in grants for projects that represent a bold, fresh approach by public school employees. Help us raise funds so we can support even more projects and help protect the environment.
It’s simple to do!
1. Gather four or more ink cartridges.
2. Go to planetgreenrecycle.com to print out free USPS labels.
3. Use the Hipp Foundation’s Program ID Code 31808 to ensure the foundation receives the credit for your donations.
4. Use any box to mail the ink cartridges to Planet Green Recycle for free.
5. Ask friends, family, and businesses to participate, as well.
Learn more about the Planet Green Recycle program at planetgreenrecycle.com and the Hipp Foundation at njea.org/hipp.